Civil Appellate Work in South Texas
Top of her law school class in legal research and writing, Audrey Mullert Vicknair developed an early and lasting passion for civil appellate work and its ability to positively impact the lives of others. Ms. Vicknair’s career as an attorney has been largely devoted to handling civil appeals throughout Texas, including the Texas Supreme Court, and the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. Her Board Certification in Civil Appeals is a testament to her ability to continually produce excellent work in the appellate arena, and her AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM by Martindale-Hubbell® reflects the confidence her peers have in her work.
The Law Office of Audrey Mullert Vicknair is dedicated to finding positive solutions based on a thorough investigation of the details of the original case and the court records concerning its outcome. Ms. Vicknair takes a reasoned approach to each client’s suit and is skilled in every aspect of the appeals process, including:
- Trial court briefing
- Jury charges
- Full appellate briefing
- Oral argument
Strong attorney-client relationships
Ms. Vicknair’s services are not confined to the courtroom — due to the complex nature of an appeal and the amount of preparation involved, Ms. Vicknair forms strong professional relationships with clients as they carefully review each element of the appeal. She takes great pride in being a thorough counselor who provides comprehensive advice based on nearly 20 years of experience.
Texas Supreme Court
- James H. Davis, Individually d/b/a JD Minerals, and JDMI, LLC v. Mueller, No. 16-0155 (Supreme Court oral argument presented March 2017)
- ExxonMobil Corp., WMH Custom Servs. and DISA, Inc. v. Rincones, No. 15-0240 (submitted February 2017)
- Ventling v. Johnson, No. 14-0095 (Tex. 2015) (Supreme Court oral argument
presented January 2015)
- Quigley v. Bennett, 227 S.W.3d 51 (Tex. 2007)
- Diversicare Gen’l Partner v. Rubio, 185 S.W.3d 182 (Tex. 2005) (Supreme Court oral argument presented 2005)
- Coronado Paint Co. v Global Drywall Sys., Inc., 47 S.W.3d 28 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2001, pet. denied, improvident grant, No. 01-0535) (Supreme Court oral argument presented 2002)
- Del Lago Partners, Inc. v. Smith, No. 06-1022 (Supreme Court oral argument presented 2007)
- Ingersoll – Rand Co. v. Valero Energy Corp., 997 S.W.2d 203 (Tex. 1999)
- In re Perritt, 992 S.W.2d 444 (Tex. 1999)
5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tex-Wave Indus., L.P. v. Meecorp Capital Markets, et al., 07-40099 (5th Circuit oral argument presented 2007)
Texas courts of appeals
- Texas Wrecker Co., et al v. Apollo Towing Co., et al, Nos. 13-16-00515-CV and 13-16-00698-CV (trial court order reversed and petition for writ of mandamus granted)
- JSC Nizhedneprovsky Tube Rolling Plant, et al. v. United Resources, LP, 2017 Tex. App. LEXIS 654, No. 13-15-00515-CV (Tex.App.–Corpus Christi-Edinburg Jan. 26, 2017, no pet.)
- In re Estate of Hoskins, No. 13-15-00487-CV (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2016, no pet. h.)
- Hoskins v. Hoskins, No. 15-0046 (Supreme Court oral argument presented January
- Snowden v. Acker, No. 04-15-00534-CV (Tex.App.–San Antonio 2016, no pet.)
- Miramar Petroleum, Inc. v. Cimarron Eng’g, LLC, 484 S.W.3d 214 (Tex.App.-Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2016, pet. denied).
- Shanklin v. Shanklin, No. 13-15-00392-CV (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2016, no pet.)
- Friedman v. Rozzlle and Sun Harbour Cottages Unit 1 Owners Ass’n, No. 13-12-779-CV (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg Nov. 21, 2013, no pet.)
- Wernecke v. W-Bar Ranches, Ltd., No. 13-12-782-CV (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg Oct. 3, 2013, no pet.)
- Whatley v. Jones, No. 13-12-361-CV (Tex.App.–Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2013, no pet.)
- International Bank of Commerce v. Rios, No. 13-11-0524-CV (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2012, pet. denied)
- ConocoPhillips Co. v. Graham, No. 01-11-0503-CV (Tex.App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2012, no pet.)
- Gulf Energy Exploration Corp. v. Fugro Chance, Inc., No. 13-10-686-CV, 2012 Tex. App. LEXIS 1451 (Tex.App.-Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2012, no pet.)
- Braglia v. Middleton, No. 13-10-101-CV (Tex.App.-Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2012, no pet.)
- San Patricio Municipal Water Dist. and S. Tx. Water Auth. v. City of Corpus Christi, 2011 Tex. App. LEXIS 262 (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2011, pet. denied)
- Ponton v. Miller, 2010 Tex. App. LEXIS 7001 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2010, no pet.)
- Linan v. Padron, 2010 Tex. App. LEXIS 6594 (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2010, no pet.)
- Gulf Energy Explor. Corp. v. Fugro Chance, Inc., 2010 Tex.App. LEXIS 5186 (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2010, no pet.)
- Cahill v. Bertuzzi, 2010 Tex.App. LEXIS 3951 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2010, pet. denied)
- Sepco Tubulars, Inc. and Padre Tubular, Inc. v. Ortega, 2009 Tex. App. LEXIS 8239 (Tex.App.—San Antonio 2009), following briefing on the merits in the Texas Supreme Court, judgment reversed and rendered w.r.m., by agreement of the parties — S.W.3d — (2011).
- Loehr v. Loehr, 2009 Tex.App. LEXIS 6863 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi-Edinburg 2009, no pet.)
- DaimlerChrysler v. Inman, 121 S.W.3d 862 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2003), pet. granted and add’l relief awarded to Chrysler at 252 S.W.3d 299 (Tex. 2008)
- Joiner v. Coast Paper & Supply, 2008 Tex.App. LEXIS 5855 (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi 2008, no pet.)
- Summerville v. Allied Barton Security Sys., 248 S.W.3d 333 (Tex.App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2007, no pet.)
- H.B. Turbo, L.P. v. Turbonetics Eng’g & Servs., 2007 Tex.App. LEXIS 4425 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2007, pet. denied)
- Aguirre v. Vasquez, 225 S.W.3d 744 (Tex.App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2007, no pet.)
- Joshua v. Sanders, 2007 Tex.App. LEXIS 2414 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2007, no pet.)
- Armstrong v. Hixon, 206 S.W.3d 175 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2006, pet. denied)
- Coastal Mart, Inc. v. Southwestern Bell, 154 S.W.3d 859, (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2005, pet. dism’d by agr. following briefing on the merits in the Texas Supreme Court)
Professional service. Comprehensive representation.
Located in the beautiful Frost Bank Building of Corpus Christi, the Law Office of Audrey Mullert Vicknair represents clients in civil appellate court cases including Houston, San Antonio and Brownsville.
Contact the Law Office of Audrey Mullert Vicknair online or at 361.884.5400 to speak to Ms. Vicknair regarding your legal matter.