Board Certified Civil Appellate Attorney Audrey Mullert Vicknair
Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for 25 years, Audrey Mullert Vicknair is a skilled Texas civil appellate lawyer. Ms. Vicknair exclusively focuses her practice on civil appellate matters, in the trial court and on appeal. Regardless of the complexity of your case, Ms. Vicknair has the first-hand experience needed to address your appellate issues.
Ms. Vicknair started her legal career as a briefing attorney for the Hon. J. Bonner Dorsey, 13th Court of Appeals, 1991-1993. She then served as a Nueces County prosecutor from 1993-1996 and tried numerous cases to verdict. She was recruited to work in the newly-formed Appellate Section of Chaves, Gonzales & Hoblit, LLP, working with the Hon. Paul W. Nye, Chief Justice (ret.) 13th Court of Appeals. Then she was recruited to Bracewell, L.L.P.’s trial and appellate section, where she made partner in 2004. In 2005, Ms. Vicknair opened her own law office, where she has happily remained ever since.
- To read a selection of Ms. Vicknair's case results, click here.
- 1991, Texas
- 2000, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Ms. Vicknair received her Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston in 1991, where she was a member of Phi Delta Phi and was top of her class in legal research and writing. She earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin in 1988.
Ms. Vicknair is currently the Treasurer of the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section. She served on the Council from 2017-2020 and as Secretary from 2021-2022. She has served on a host of committees: Online CLE, Amicus Briefs, Bench-Bar Liaison, and Nominating; she also served on the Appellate Hall of Fame Board of Trustees.
Ms. Vicknair is the Chair of the Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2022-23. She previously served as Secretary, then Chair-Elect. She was a New Fellows Nominating Chair for District 11 (Victoria to Kingsville) from 2011 to 2020. She is a Sustaining Life Fellow.
Ms. Vicknair served as Co-Chair of the Corpus Christi Bar Association's Appellate Section from 2018-2020.
She is a past president of the Corpus Christi Bar Association, the Corpus Christi Young Lawyers Association, and the Coastal Bend Women Lawyers Association.
Ms. Vicknair was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1991 and is admitted to practice before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas.
- Corpus Christi Bar Association (President, 2008-2009)
- Corpus Christi Young Lawyers Association (President, 2001-2002)
- Coastal Bend Women Lawyers Association (President, 2000-2001)
Ms. Vicknair is the proud recipient of a Resolution passed by the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors in September 2019, “in recognition of her commitment to the legal profession and her dedicated service to the Corpus Christi Bar Association, the local community, and the residents themselves.”
In addition to her board certification, Ms. Vicknair is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for ethical standards and legal ability.
Named to Texas Monthly Magazine's Texas Super Lawyers in Appellate Law, 2011-2022. Texas Rising Star 2004, 2005.
Top 50 Women Attorneys in Texas 2016
Top 100 Attorneys in Houston 2016
- Board Certified, Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Corpus Christi Crime Stoppers, Board Member, 2015-2022
- Rotary Club of Corpus Christi
- Texas Supreme Court Update, Advanced Personal Injury Seminar, Corpus Christi Bar Association, 2020, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2012
- Thirteenth Court of Appeals Panel, CLE presented by Government Lawyers Committee of State Bar Appellate Section, 2017
- Practical Tips in Legal Writing, Coastal Bend Women Lawyer's Association, 2016
- Interlocutory Appeals, State Bar of Texas Advanced Appellate Practice Course 2013, Appellate Practice 101, Austin, Texas (substitute presenter)
- Coastal Bend Women Lawyers Association February Luncheon, 'A Primer (or Refresher!) on Error Preservation and Deadlines,' February, 2013
- 2011 State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Appellate Practice Course, Appellate Practice 101, 'Interlocutory Appeals Q&A' September 7, 2011, Austin
- From 2000 to 2008, Ms. Vicknair was a course director for the Corpus Christi Bar Association's Civil Appellate Seminar. Other speeches include:
- “Class Action Update,” State Bar of Texas 27th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, September, 2004
- 'Can He Say That? Defamation in the Workplace — How to Avoid a Lawsuit,' Bracewell & Patterson Client Conference on Developments in Labor and Employment Laws, 2002
- ''The User-Friendly Guide to Robinson,' with Rudy Gonzales, Jr., Corpus Christi Bar Association Civil Appellate Seminar, 1999